OK, You've Got 5 Seconds To Get My Attention
Why is fluoride bad? If you don't read anything else on this site about fluoride
related health effects, read this link. It's a sworn affidavit
submitted by Albert Schatz, Ph.D, in the US court case of the Safe Water Association Inc. vs City of Fond Du
Lac in 1993.
Some Fluoride Facts
Now Try This!
- A quote: "I
think if we were starting all over again, and had no research data at all, we
probably could not come around to getting fluoridation accepted today, because
people would say it's just too close, we can't possibly do it." - Dr. John Hein,
Retired Dental Director Colgate
- The chemical used for fluoridation (hexafluorosilicic acid - HA) contains arsenic, lead and trace
amounts of radioactive isotopes and is a registered Part 2 Poison under the Poisons Act 1972.
- HA has never been tested on animals or people for safety.
- Dr. Hardy Limeback is head of the Department of Preventive Dentistry for the University of Toronto,
and president of the Canadian Association for Dental Research. He states:
"Children under three should never use fluoridated toothpaste...
Or drink fluoridated water. And baby formula must never be made up
using Toronto [fluoridated] tap water. Never."
- Fluoride is not an essential nutrient.
- Half of the fluoride you take in accumulates in your bones and teeth. Over time, this has been linked to osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
- Too much fluoride causes dental fluorosis; pitting and mottling of the teeth. It's a version of tooth decay which nearly half the population in a fluoridated area can be expected to suffer from to some degree.
- There is an all-party parliamentary committee which has been formed to stop all water fluoridation in the UK.
If you're new to fluoridation, we suggest you try the following sections:
If you live in Bedfordshire, UK and decide you're interested in helping us, then you can:
- To get the technical information, see the 'Fluoridation - what is it?' page.
- To get the Bedfordshire picture, visit 'Fluoridation - Bedfordshire' page.
- To see the case for and against fluoridation, try 'Fluoridation - The arguments for' and 'Fluoridation - The arguments against'.
- To get an idea of the health risks, try 'Health risks summary'.
- Read the 'The Aim' section to find out more detail about what we're doing.
- Finally, finish off reading the home page if you haven't already done so.
If you have any suggestions about how we can improve the site, we'd definitely like to hear from you. Try the
feedback page for this.
- Sign the petition (to start the consultation process - it doesn't matter if you're undecided or definitely against fluoridation).
- Sign up for direct action against Anglian Water, if you're definitely against fluoridation!
- Contact the people in the decision making process and let them know your feelings on the subject.
The menu on the left hand side of this page will guide you
to the other parts of this site. Amongst other things, you can view the petitions we have collected so far, as well as messages
of support from around the internet.